Scaffold And Ladder Accidents Are More Common Than You May Think
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) reports that more than 24,000 construction workers are injured every year by falling off ladders and down stairways.
In fact, the top causes of ladder accidents are due to:
- Design flaws and inadequate warning labels on the ladders
- Failure to replace broken or damaged ladders with new ones
- Failure to provide adequate training on how to inspect ladders for damage before using them
- Failure to extend the top rung high enough above the landing
- Failure to properly secure the base or top
Scaffolding Dangers Are Also Widespread
Falls from high-altitude scaffolding are also a common reason for construction site injuries. Common types include:
- Falls from scaffolds due to lack of guardrails and another negligence
- Collapsing scaffolds caused by overweight or other problems
- Injuries from falling debris due to lack of protective canopies
- Electrical shocks caused by scaffolds coming in contact with power lines
Under New York law, contractors and property owners could be liable for injuries caused by scaffolding and ladder accidents due to a failure to follow proper safety measures.
If you were injured by such construction site negligence, you have the legal right to seek compensation.
Experienced Legal Representation For Scaffold And Ladder Accident Injuries
With a home office in Honeoye, our lawyers at Brenna Boyce have extensive experience handling personal injury cases for individuals located throughout the state of New York. We handle cases of all kinds, including construction site accidents involving high-altitude falls from scaffolding and ladders.
A Record Of Success
Each of our partners has extensive trial experience and has obtained multimillion-dollar awards throughout the years. We are very familiar with the laws and regulations regarding work on scaffolds, ladders, rooftops and other heights.
Let our team of attorneys help you.