Helping Rochester Recover For Injuries Caused By Falling Objects Or Debris
According to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), roughly 1 out of 10 deadly construction accidents involves a worker being hit by a falling object of some kind.
Even a bolt can cause a serious head injury if dropped from high above.
Common Reasons For Dropped Objects On Construction Sites
There are many reasons why objects fall. The most common causes include:
- Incorrectly loaded cranes, hoists or material lifts
- Collapsing scaffolds and other structures
- Broken cables
- Loose concrete and masonry
- Unsecured tools and flying debris from tools
Pedestrians Near Construction Sites Are Also At Risk
Construction site workers aren’t the only people in danger of falling objects. Sometimes, innocent New York pedestrians are harmed due to:
- Construction work happening too close to public sidewalks
- Lack of barricades, gates and locks to keep the public from wandering onto the site
- Lack of hard hats and other protective equipment when they are invited to visit the site
Turn To Our Experienced Attorneys For Help
If you suffered injuries due to a falling object, our attorneys at Brenna Boyce have the expertise to help. With a home office in Rochester, we handle cases for individuals located across the state of New York.
We are trial attorneys with decades of experience and have recovered high-value awards for individuals in your same situation. We have also received numerous accolades and recognition over the years.
Find out how we can help you.