Even a bolt can cause a serious head injury if dropped from high above. A falling object like a small hammer can be fatal. New York construction workers are in danger of such falling objects and debris almost every day. According to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), close to one out of 10 deadly construction accidents involved a worker being hit by a falling object of some kind.
If you were injured in such an accident, turn to the Rochester law firm of Brenna Boyce. Our trial attorneys all have decades of experience. We have also received numerous accolades and recognition over the years. Let us fight for the full compensation you deserve after any construction site injury caused by third-party negligence or safety code violations on the part of general contractors and owners.
Frequent Causes Of Dropped Objects On Construction Sites
The most common causes of falling objects include:
- Incorrectly loaded cranes, hoists or material lifts
- Collapsing scaffolds and other structures
- Broken cables
- Loose concrete and masonry
- Unsecured tools and flying debris from tools
Pedestrians May Also Be In Danger
Construction site workers aren't the only people in danger of falling objects on constructions sites. Sometimes, innocent New York pedestrians are harmed due to:
- Construction work happening too close to public sidewalks
- Lack of barricades, gates and locks to keep the public from wandering onto the site
- Lack of hard hats and other protective equipment when they are invited to visit the site
Whether you are an employee or a bystander, we encourage you to call Brenna Boyce at 585-454-2000 for a free consultation about your injury case. You can also reach our lawyers online.