Seeking Compensation For A Rear-End Accident

Sometimes, a rear-end accident is obviously the fault of the driver behind you. If you were stopped at a red light when a truck slammed into your back bumper, it's clear that you were not responsible in any way. However, it becomes less clear when you are rear-ended after unexpectedly slowing down. If you were partly responsible for the accident, can you still pursue compensation?

The answer is yes. In New York, car accidents and other personal injury cases are judged by "comparative negligence." Even if you were 90 percent at fault, you can still seek compensation for the other 10 percent.

At Brenna Boyce in Rochester, our lawyers have six decades of experience in New York auto accidents of all kinds. We can fully explain your rights under the law and the options available to you for recovering the money you need.

Rear-End Collisions Can Result In Hidden Injuries

Even a seemingly minor accident can lead to injuries. These injuries may or may not be immediately apparent. That's why it's important to see a doctor after your accident, no matter whether you feel all right or not.

For instance, neck and back injuries can take several days (or even weeks) to fully reveal themselves. What you think is mild whiplash may in fact be a herniated disk. That's why it's important to see a doctor after your accident, no matter whether you feel all right or not. Carefully documenting this medical evidence is key to developing a strong personal injury case.

Learn Why Thousands Of Clients Have Relied On Us For Representation

We invite you to learn why so many people have chosen Brenna Boyce to represent their interests over the years. Call our attorneys at 585-454-2000 or email us for a free consultation about your accident case today.